Year Joined Federated Health Charities: 1983
Amount Received by Federated Health in 2019: $132,727.23
Amount Spent on Client Services Annually: $14.1 million
Number of Cases in Ontario: 1.6 million living with diabetes | 2.3 million are living with prediabetes
* Diabetes Canada receives donations from Federated Health Charities on behalf of the Canadian Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Each year, the net proceeds received are shared between the two organizations.
Vision: A world free of the effects of diabetes.
Mission: To lead the fight against diabetes by:
- Helping those affected by diabetes to live healthy lives.
- Preventing the onset and consequences of diabetes.
- Discovering a cure.
- Our core values.
CDA acts under the following principles:
- Integrity: Do the right thing.
- Transparency: Share information openly.
- Excellence: Be the best.
- Innovation: Be creative; think differently.
- Partnership: Get more done with others.
- Impact: Make a difference.
Semi-retired nurse Gwen is one of many individuals achieving healthier outcomes with help from Live Well! – Bien Vivre! – a new community-based approach to preventing and managing type 2 diabetes.Gwen signed up for the program because she found it difficult to follow her diabetes management recommendations, even though her health was suffering.With the support of one of the program’s specially trained regional health coaches, Cluade Vautour, Gwen made an action plan to get around the barriers to her health goals. She identified stress as a major factor, and began incorporating breathing and other exercises into her routine. After seeing health improvements, including lowered blood glucose levels, Gwen focused on her eating goals. With Claude’s support, she increased her vegetable intake from almost zero to three to five servings a day.
“This program helped me find a new way of looking at things that had seemed insurmountable,” she says. Today, Gwen continues to make progress and is well on the way to seuccessful self-management.
Diabetes is a life-threatening disease, with major potential complications. But with improved self-management, it can be better managed and people can live healthy, fulfilling lives.
Federated Health Charities
For general questions, please contact:
315 Front St. West, 5th Floor