Amount Received by Federated Health in 2015: $200,856
Amount Spent on Client Services in 2015: $80 million
Number of Cases in Ontario: There is approximately 130,000 hospitalizations caused by heart disease and stroke in Ontario, and 1.6 million Canadians have heart disease or are living with the effects of a stroke.
For over 60 years, Heart & Stroke has been dedicated to fight heart disease and stroke. Our work has saved thousands of lives and improved the lives of millions of others.
HEALTHY LIVES FREE OF HEART DISEASE AND STROKE. TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN
- A passion for health
- Learning every day
- Embracing diversity
- Making a difference
- Being extraordinary together
- PREVENT DISEASE
- Give children the best start for a long, healthy life
- Empower Canadians to live healthy lives
- SAVE LIVES
- Enable faster, better cardiac emergency response and treatment
- Enable faster, better stroke response and treatment
- PROMOTE RECOVERY
- Enhance support for survivors and caregivers
WE ACHIEVE OUR MISSION THROUGH
- Investing in life-saving research
- Advocating for health public policies
- Conducting public awareness campaigns
- Partnering with key stakeholders
- Seeking innovative fundraising opportunities
Jen Bogart was just 39 years old and seemingly in good health when the unexpected and unspeakable happened. She was spending time with friends when suddenly and without warning she began to experience weakness and difficulty speaking.
One of her friends recognized that Jen was having a stroke. Thanks to their quick thinking, Jen was on her way to hospital in short order, soon enough to receive the clot-dissolving drug, tPA.
Jen is thankful to the friend who may have saved her life and also grateful for the Heart & Stroke research that led to the development of drugs like tPA.
Jen recently learned that as a stroke survivor, her risk of developing dementia has increased. Always active, she is now more motivated than ever to stay healthy to reduce her dementia risk and avoid a second stroke.